NavBAr

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Budget Anthropologie: Lighting Edition

Hello my sweets! I don't usually do these types of posts, but I was browsing though the interwebs today and pulled together some budget friendly versions of Anthropologie lighting! I use the term "budget" loosely here, as I truly struggle to pay (and have not ever paid) full price for a lamp of any kind. I prefer to get a thrift store or yard sale lamp base and dress up the shade. But for those of you who are looking for a similar look to these Anthro ones and can't afford to drop 300 bones on a lamp, here are some more reasonably priced options!

I do love Anthropologie, and as an artist I do not advocate for blatantly knocking off other people's work, but I also don't advocate overpaying for a piece whose quality is probably not worth the money. (I do advocate paying a little more for something beautiful, high quality and handmade though!)

Most of these are obviously not exact matches, but they have a similar feel and many have very simple DIY hacks (custom lampshades, etc) you can do to get closer to look you want! Enjoy!


           

Anthro Found Decanter Lamp $498        Ikea JONSBO BÄRBY $59.99      




 World Market Stinson Glass Lamp $69.99  -   DIY Version 1 - DIY Version 2

  

Anthro Well Defined Lamp $199.95 on sale -  DIY Version (I made my own version for you guys! Check it out!)


Anthro One lump or Two lamp $198 -  DIY Version (This is one of the THE most DIY'ed Anthro lamps, so there are many tutorials!)




















Anthro Camera Club Lamp  $268 - Axel Table lamp $85 - DIY Version (You could easily do a similar shade with some canvas and a deconstructed thrifted shade. let me know if you'd like to see me attempt it!)


 

Anthro Mechanic's beacon light $148 -  DIY Version (SO much cheaper! I love these.)

ADDED 8/19/11

 



 




Enjoy! Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next edition of Budget Anthropologie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please keep comments on topic and respectful!

more pretties to enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...